Tuesday, March 24, 2020

A BEAUTIFUL REMINDER

Years ago when I was going through a rough time, my dear friend, Stephanie Peterson, sent me this beautiful wall hanging.  When I read her accompanying card, I was in awe and in tears.  Since its arrival, I have it situated on a wall in my bedroom so that it is the first thing I see each morning when I wake up.

Stephanie wrote, "It is called Above The Red Line and is meant to help you keep your thoughts positive.  It was inspired by your blog post, wherein you described your pastor's sermon about keeping thoughts above the red line...i.e., positive."  You can read the original post here.

It might be good for all of us to remember to keep our thoughts above the red line.  There is so much negative on TV, first politics and now this virus.  I've heard that the mind naturally goes to the negative.  I believe that, and it is a daily struggle to keep thinking positive thoughts.  But I have also heard that you get what you dwell on, and I'm determined to dwell on the positive and think about all the things I have to be thankful for.

I saw something the other day that put this "shelter in place" in perspective.  "Anne Frank was confined with 7 other people in a 450 square foot attic for 761 days, quietly trying to remain undiscovered to stay alive."

That was over two years!

I have no right to complain or feel sorry for myself.  And this lovely quilt from Stephanie helps me remember that I have so much to be thankful for and to count my blessings.  
This is the back of the wall hanging; almost as pretty as the front.
And here you can see that Stephanie titled this quilt "Above the Red Line" and dated it.

A very special thank you to a special friend.  Stephanie used to have a blog, but now you can see her beautiful quilts on Instagram @stephaniepeterson.

ATTENTION:  As requested by the Michigan Governor, the Attic Window Quilt Shop will be closed until further notice.  Chris, will be at the shop each day from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., so if you have any questions feel free to call and talk to her, or email her at BrownAttic@aol.com

ON ANOTHER NOTE:
  • The Red Boot Quilt Co. has a free Paper Doll Sew Along.
Caroll, 
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

2 comments:

Joyful Quilter said...

Thanks for sharing your story and Stephanie's beautiful quilt. I think there are a lot of us who could use our own red line quilt.

Annie said...

A cute, happy and uplifting quilt. I take the media with a grain of salt. They over sensationalize and dramatize EVERYTHING bad. However this virus is bad. But I remain positive. I’m not one of those who feel stuck at home. I love being home in the first place. This means I have the best excuse to not go out among people even less than usual. Take care and stay safe Caroll.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo