Friday, September 11, 2020

NEWS ABOUT WHAT OUR READERS HAVE BEEN DOING

 

Hello Quilters.  I'm so thrilled to receive email from a couple of our readers with pictures of what they've been doing.  Marjorie, our friend in Utah, sent us these pictures.  This is what she wrote:
    "Whew, what a change...yesterday we had 110 degrees, today so far it is 62.  The low was 57!  Oh, the winds.  We get a lot of wind normally since we live in a canyon, but we had a wind guest that the University clocked at 112 mph.  Needless to say there are power outages and trees blown over, along with semi trucks on the freeway. I-15 has been closed while the wreckers try to get the trucks back on wheels.  I hope your weather has been calm.
    I completed my fair challenge quilt.  I got the binding on only to find out the quilt portion of the fair has been cancelled.  I call my quilt...Quilt Grayfitti.  The gray letters were made with the fabric we were required to use."
"Above is a quilt I made using a layer cake and a post card pattern by Villa Rosa Designs.  The blocks are 14 1/2" so it goes together quickly. 
I too have been following Jennifer Jangles free BOM.  Mine are primitive, since I don't have a printer and had to draw my own designs.  I am not much of an artist but it may be my Grandma Moses quilt.  I think it will make a cute baby quilt."
        Marjorie, also adds: "I think of all of you quilting friends in Michigan and hope you are well and enjoying the winding down of summer.  I am looking forward to cooler days and the smell of burning leaves in the yard and not the mountain on fire!  Stay healthy and happy quilting!  Your friend in Utah."

Marjorie, I love all your quilts.  Thanks so much for sharing with us!

Our friend Judy R. who used to attend classes and bees at the Attic Window Quilt Shop but has moved to another state, sent us pictures of what she's been doing....making masks. Judy designed aand made the ornaments in the above picture. 
And then she got down to making these masks.  I think she's reminding all of us to vote!  Great job Judy!  Thanks for sharing with us.  And thank you Cathy for forwarding these to me.  

This is a reminder that the Attic Window Quilt Shop's regular hours are Monday-Thursday, 10-5; and Friday and Saturday, 10-3.

Caroll, 
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles




1 comment:

Barb said...

Wonderful that people share with you. Love them all

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo