Monday, January 25, 2021

FINALLY SOME BLOCKS FINISHED

Since this Pandemic started I've had difficulty focusing, sticking to one thing.  Does anyone else have this problem?  At least I could focus long enough to work on three different blocks.  I just wish I could finish a quilt or table topper or something.  I recently saw a You Tube video "How To Sew A Scrappy Stained Glass Block" by Krebsbachhubercrafts and decided what a great way to use my scraps.  I love the blocks this person made, but I'm not sure about making more.  It took a lot of thinking and sewing, etc.  And mine didn't turn out nearly as pretty as hers.


I finished this block.  I love applique and when recently at the Attic Window Quilt Shop, Chris told me about a new pattern.  There are six blocks and I thought maybe I could start a BOM.  The pattern, Bliss is by Barbara Persing and you can find it at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  

And this is what I have done so far on the Pickup BOM at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  I'm not crazy about this kind of applique, but thought I would try it and hopefully improve my skills.  So far it leaves a lot to be desired.  I've decided to make each month's block into a wall hanging.  I like to change things around my house at least once a month. 

Be sure and stop in at the Attic Window Quilt Shop and say Hi, and check out all the new fabrics.  The hours are Monday-Friday, 10 to 5; and Saturday, 10 to 4.

Hugs, Caroll

2 comments:

Annie said...

All are fun blocks, Caroll. I imagine the stained glass blocks would be fiddly and that means I wouldn’t get very far with them either. But what you have done looks good. The blooms block is exciting. I love the pink and green mix. That Create snowman is so cute and colorful and bright and happy for a winter day. You’ve done well with them all. Since I like staying home, I hardly even notice the pandemic. But I do miss being with friends occasionally.

Denice Barker said...

I know what you mean about focusing! The BOM snowman - if you like applique then just do what you like. You know anything can be hand appliqued. We aren't too old to learn something new but I have also learned to just do it the way we want to!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo