Saturday, March 20, 2021

WHAT’S YOUR REASON TO SMILE?


 For a long time during this Pandemic, I was glued to the TV, watching all the violence and hate and anger splayed across the tube.  I was sad and fearful, and I don’t think a day went by when I didn’t cry and wonder what was happening to my world.

Then, my daughter said something very wise:  Stop watching TV.  And I did.  It didn’t happen overnight, but gradually I did think I was feeling better, but still, I had that nagging worry digging in the back of my mind.

Then my wise daughter said something else.  Stop thinking those negative thoughts.  Over time and with her daily reminders, I found I can control my thoughts.  When I found myself thinking fearful and negative thoughts, I shoved those negative ones aside and instead would count my blessings and think about how beautiful the weather is today, or how nice my neighbors are.  And you know what?  I found my world changing.  Maybe there is something to the saying:  You create your own world.

Today, as I go to the grocery, the library, the fast food place, I smile because I know I will meet nice, pleasant people.  In fact, I believe the world is a nicer place than before. People are really making the effort, and I want to too.

That’s why I’m going to the Attic Window Quilt Shop to be with likeminded people, people who are nice and giving and work to make this world a better place.  I’m looking forward to Wednesday, March 31 when the Happy Scrappers meet at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  I’m looking forward to sharing ideas, to making a quilt that I will give to charity, to being with nice caring people who smile and want to help.  I hope you will come too.  Check the calendar for the various groups meeting at the Attic Window Quilt shop. They will help you to see a brighter world. Help you to be a better, more positive person. Give you a reason to smile again!

Hugs,

Caroll

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

I completely agree with everything you said Caroll. After seeing that terrible event at the Capitol I could hardly believe what a terrifying thing that was to see it was in this country, and not some Third World violent place. I could hardly sleep for worrying about the future. But on January 20 when there was a change in the administration, I began to breathe more easily and I felt a greater sense of peace and hope for the future. I began to send cards to friends, baked for neighbours, and telephoned those living alone. Since then, rather than focusing on things beyond my control, I choose gratitude for the good things in life.

Annie said...

A thank you to your daughter for reminding you that a few do not make up the whole. I also believe there is more good than bad in this world. I don’t ever come across individuals exhibiting the hate that is shown in the news. I’m so glad you’ve been able to turn your thinking to the positive over the negative. Happy day!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo