Friday, August 22, 2014

WHAT I FOUND AT AQS! Update!

I went to the AQS show yesterday here in Grand Rapids, Michigan.  I didn’t take my camera because I didn’t want to lug that big thing around all day and just wanted to enjoy the show, which I did.  We were there from 9-5 and enjoyed every minute of it.  I did ask Cathy M. to take the above picture for me with her cell phone.  I love this handsome guy!  He was sauntering by, looking at the quilts.  I noticed him because he had such a pleasant smile on his face.  Then when I read what was on his shirt I asked if we could take a picture.  He nodded, gave us a big smile as he posed so I could read his shirt.  I bet his wife adores him!

 I forgot to tell you about the awesome quilt I did see at the show.  Quilt of Belonging is a 120 foot (36 meters) long collaborative textile art project, a richly hued portrait of the human family. Quilter coordinator and originator is Esther Bryan. If you can’t see this fantastic quilt in person you can go to the Quilt Of Belonging site and read all about it and see all the wonderful pictures. You won’t want to miss this.  It brought tears to my eyes.  

ANOTHER NOTE: 
  • Did you go check out the Row By Row Shop Hop website?  This is a must for anyone traveling. 
  • Molli Sparkles has an interesting article.  I think this article should be attached to any quilt you give away.  I don’t think most people understand how much a quilt really costs!Made By Chrissie D has a tutorial for a trapped square block.  Love it!
Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

5 comments:

Annie said...

I sure hope his wife appreciated him! There are too few like him.

Barb said...

OH..so love the shirt!!!

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

Wow. That quilt of belonging is something else. I hope it will come somewhere near home so I can see it too!

Jill said...

Enjoyed visiting the Attic Window Quilt booth at the show. Quilt of Belonging was really something. There was so much to see. Wished I could have seen the handsome gentleman with a smile.

Mama Pea said...

Sorry I haven't been by for so long. Life has been nuts. I went to AQS on Saturday and had a good time. Bought too much. Went to Smith Owen after and Buffie was there. That was a nice surprise! Hope all is well with you!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo