Monday, August 25, 2014

A LAUGH TO START YOUR DAY


This made me laugh and I hope you see the humor too.  Today I went to a new-to-me website.  Once I arrived there, the Quicksprout website told me they would analyze my traffic and my blog for free.  So I entered the URL for the Attic Window Quilt Shop blog and learned that my blog is the 6,094,844th most popular website in the world.

LOL.  What a hoot.  I was also told that my heading tags should be between 15 and 65 characters, so you may notice some changes soon.  I think I’ll rename the "Followers" (on the sidebar) to "People Who Follow" (that’s 15 characters).  I was told the interactive calendar title was too long, so maybe I’ll change that too.  "Free Pattern" I'll change to "Free Pattern for You" (17)…well, you get the picture.  What do you think?  Do you think these changes will bring more people to this blog?

I also learned that I have a Missing src attribute…whatever that is.

Really, should blogging be this difficult!  It’s supposed to be fun…at least that is what it is for me.  I love blogging and sharing all the wonderful pictures of my quilting friends with other quilting friends.  I count my blessings every day that I was born in this electronic age…well, maybe I should rephrase that...that I live in this electronic age!

DON'T FORGET:
  • The Applique Bee meets Tuesday afternoon at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.
  • The Mod Squad meets Wednesday from 10-4 at the shop.  Anyone interested is welcome to join either of these Bees.
 ANOTHER NOTE: 
  • Did you go check out the Row By Row Shop Hop website?  This is a must for anyone traveling.   
  • Terry’s Treasures has a Charming Stars Sew Along.  You can get the free pattern by going to her site.  I think I’m going to have to make this one.
Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

6 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I have a friend that had someone like that advise her on how to enhance her blog. Being newly widowed, she was a little emotional at the time, but the critic was really CRITICAL. It was not a helpful experience.

Your critic seemed helpful. I suppose they know what they are talking about, though I don't see how the length of headings makes a difference. Let us know if you see more traffic.

Adrienne said...

Caroll, I love the way you are so electronically 'savvy' and are so willing to step out and learn new things. Your blog is always fun, friendly, light hearted and inspiring. You are a blessing to the 'Attic Window' and all if us lucky enough to stitch with you.

Lynn said...

I haven't heard about that website. I'll have to check the stats on my blog and see what suggestions they make for mine.

Annie said...

Well, considering I didn't understand a word of it, no, I don't think it will bring more people.

I don't follow a blog by counting the characters in the headings (or whatever that part was). It's the words used that catch my attention and the photos. Content is the #1 basis for me following a blog.

That being said, I suppose there are enough people you can fool with words. I would think Free Patterns would mean just that. The key words being "free" and "patterns". I don't skip over that just because they don't specifically say they are for me. It sounds to me like they are nit-picking to make you think you're actually getting some real advice.

But now I'm entertained by it, so I might get in on the fun too. :-)

Barb said...

Thanks for all of the info

Paula, the quilter said...

Src means source. You might have a bad link somewhere.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo