Monday, February 19, 2018

CUB SCOUT AND FFA FABRIC AT ATTIC WINDOW

When I saw this new Riley Blake fabric in at the Attic Window Quilt Shop, I immediately thought of my great grandsons who are in Cub Scouts.
Also new in at the shop are bolts of the FFA  (Future Farmers of America) fabric, and...

There is also a panel to go with it.  I bet a lot of you have or know children in this great organization.
 Since my boys are in Cub Scouts I decided to make them pillowcases. 
This is a closeup of the of the fabric.  I just love it and can see the boys taking their pillows when they go camping.  (Do they do that or do they just rough it??)
Anyway, I thought since I was making the boys pillowcases, I would make one for their sisters too.
I was looking for princess fabric, but didn't find any.  What I did find were lovely kits that included the pattern.
So I made the girls these.
I made all four pillowcases yesterday.  Today I rushed around finding a shipping box, printing a label and running over to the post office to get them in the mail to Alabama, only to find it closed.  I forgot it's President's Day.

Oh, well, tomorrow is another day.  A day you will have to stop by the Attic Window Quilt Shop and check out this great new fabric.

AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP
  • Tuesday, Feb. 20
    • Bee
    • Civil War BOM
    • Beginning Quilting
  • Wednesday, Feb. 21
    • Sampler
    • Civil War BOM
    • Embroidery Bee
  • Thursday, Feb. 22
    • Doll Bee
    • Intermediate Quilting
  • Friday, Feb. 23
    • Quilt As You Go Class
    • Beginning Machine Applique
  • Saturday, Feb. 24
    • Stitch-In
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
  • Robert Kaufman has a pattern for a Gatherer Crossbody Bag.  It's hard to see but there is a link so you can download the pattern.
Caroll,
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

No comments:

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo