Friday, December 4, 2009

FIVE THINGS I'VE LEARNED IN 2009

I am participating in a group writing project put on by Daily Blogging Tips and since I have been blogging only a year, I want to share with you the five things I learned during 2009 about Quilting Bloggers.
.
  1. Bloggers make the world smaller. I have learned as I have blogged and read multiple quilting blogs over the past year, that quilting bloggers all around the world are similar. We not only have a love for quilting, but also as I look at their pictures I see we are all related, trying to make our homes prettier, make our lives softer, make something for those we love. Our homes reflect our love of quilting and our desire to create.
  2. Bloggers make the world better. No matter where you are around the world, when a wild fire strikes, a hurricane or earthquake hits, when a beloved family member is injured or there is another family tragedy, Bloggers are there to help. They want to know what they can do. They are there to try to make things better for you with their hands, their hearts, and their prayers.
  3. Bloggers make the world nicer. Giving away prizes on blogs, sharing recipes and patterns, are just a few ways Bloggers make the world nicer. They also like to share how-to tips and take the time and effort to create helpful tutorials.
  4. Bloggers make the world calm. Bloggers have helped me not to be so anxious. When I started reading other blogs and seeing pictures of their sewing rooms, I realized it is okay to be messy. It’s part of the creative process. It’s okay to let the world see. It’s okay to be me. Quilting bloggers also like to share funny things that have happened to them during their creative process and this helps me to feel not so stupid or so alone.
  5. Bloggers make the world fun. It takes creativity and dedication to come up with ideas for Make It Monday, Tool Time Tuesday, Wordless Wednesday, Thrifty Thursday, and Fabric Friday. Think about it. You are committed to having a new post on your chosen subject every week. That takes a lot of work and dedication. However, it sure is fun for those of us who read the blogs and eagerly look forward to the next post. Maybe I will write about Silly Saturday, or Something Sunday, or …..Oh, well, I will have to think about that.

I want to thank all my blogging friends for making this a fun and fabulous year.

The new Attic Window Newsletter is out. You can download it on the sidebar.

The Painted Quilt has a First Friday Freebie. This month she has the cutest Christmas Eve stocking done in redwork. Check it out.

Happy Quilting,
Caroll

7 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh Caroll, I agree on all your points 100%%%%!!!

SewCalGal said...

What a delightful post. I agree with your points, and you articulated them so well. So very positive.

Thanks for sharing.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Nancy Page said...

Your Blog Tips/Comments are so, so very much on target. I agree totally. Thank you for sharing and for your great blog. It is a fun place to visit.
http://teaandquilts.blogspot.com

Allie said...

I agree 100% on all points!!!! I'm sorry I waited so long to start blogging, lol!

paulette said...

I love your blog- I hope you don't mind but I've added you to my blogs to follow list!!
take care!
Paulette

Young said...

Bloggers make the world fair.Where there is unfair, bloggers will report it.

jeffrsabo said...

Caroll,

I agree with you that blogging makes the world smaller. I write a sports blog out of the Cleveland, Ohio area and some of my most avid readers are my friends who live in other states! They enjoy being able to read my blog to get the latest information on all of the Cleveland sports teams I write about. Even though they are not living in Cleveland, they enjoy reading my blog as a way to keep up with the teams they grew up watching.

Jeff

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo