Friday, November 12, 2010

MAKE A CHRISTMAS GIFT

 Pardon me if I seem like I’m bragging.  I probably am, but mostly I’m thrilled with my latest project.  When I was at the Lakeshore Fiber Arts meeting earlier this week, the instructor, Gail, had on a beautiful neck scarf.  Someone asked her if she made it, and she said yes, took it off and passed it around for us to see.  I was so taken with it that I had to try it.   Since there were no instructions, I flew by the seat of my pants while making this.  I love the way it turned out, and had to share it with you.  Last year I spent $20 for a neck scarf very much like this one. Needless to say, this one didn’t cost anything near that and I had a ton of fun making it.  I’m going to make some more as I think they will be nice Christmas gifts.

This is a close up.  Looks kind of messy, but I wanted to show you the detail. 

Lolly Quiltz has a tutorial for a whirligig.  This one is a little different and one I want to try.


Stay Positive!
Caroll

4 comments:

Vicky F said...

Hi Caroll,
Great looking scarf? What is the base gauzy fabric? And of course, where do you find it?
Looks like something easy to customize for various people, huh?
Hope I didn't ask too many questions!
Take care.
Vicky F

Allie said...

That is STUNNING - wow. I'd love to know how you did that!

Gail Myrhorodsky said...

Nice job Caroll! I like the little ribbons you added. Maybe we should schedule a scarf class, eh?
Gail Myrhorodsky

Mama Pea said...

I like it a lot. I also wonder about how you made it and what it's made of... Did you do it on the sewing machine???

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo