Tuesday, April 26, 2011

MAKE YOUR NEXT PROJECT WOOL

When I was at the Attic Window Quilt Shop last week, I decided to peruse the wool corner.  I love the looks of wool but the one time I took a class, I decided that I didn’t have the patience for it.  However, when this lovely table topper caught my eye, I started to think that maybe I’ll give it another try.  I love the vibrant colors and the precision and orderliness of this design.

This is another table topper.  These circles make an interesting design and maybe a bit challenging.  I love to stretch myself and try to do something new and learn a new skill.

Are you into making pincushions?  How about making a cute Cock-A-Doodle Pincushion from this pattern by Crow River Mercantile.  The shop has the pattern and the wool all ready for you to make this darling project.

It’s raining here in Michigan and predicted to do so the rest of the week.  Since I can’t work in the yard, I’m in my sewing room.  I am now working on my Aunt Millie’s borders and looking for just the right fabric for sashing.  How about you?  What are you doing this week?

While surfing this morning I did find this lovely tutorial for an interesting block.  I can’t wait to try it and hope I can find some time this week.  Check out Lily’s Quilts for the tutorial.

PS:  Blogger is giving me trouble today.  I don't know why I can't make my links blue, or why it keeps throwing words into the next line, but Lily's Quilts does work.  

Stay Positive!
Caroll  

4 comments:

Allie said...

Lovely wool projects - I wish I wasn't allergic! I really like that block at Lily's Quilts too, although I stay far far away from paper piecing.
You know where to find me this week, lol - in my room, mindlessly and endlessly quilting!

Nancy Page said...

Interesting table toppers made from wool. Love the color and lines on each one. Those pincushions are as cute as can be. Lily's Quilts is a great link. Thank you for sharing.

Have a super great sewing and stitching day.

Mama Pea said...

I gotta tell you, Caroll, this rain and cloudiness is getting on my nerves. I'm feeling so very crabby! I love these wool projects! I would do any of them with you! I especially like the pincushions, but I'm with you on enjoying the orderliness of the table topper!

BubzRugz said...

The wool projects are lovely... such vibrant colours and a striking design.... thanks for the inspiration...
Hugz

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo