Tuesday, January 17, 2012

USE YOUR SCRAPS FOR GOOD


As some of you may know I’m following Pleasant Home’s Sew Scraps Along.  Last week Freda’s Hive  was featured with a wonderful tutorial.  I got busy and ironed my red, white, and blue scraps and started cutting and sewing.  I’m going to give this quilt to the Quilts For Wheels group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  I think it turned out okay and was particularly thrilled that it all came from my scrap pile…well, except for the backing, which I got when the shop had that big sale on New Year's Day.  
 I also used this piece to practice my FMQ.  This is a close up.  I tried to do a loopy thing like Linda and Lynn  do.  I think I need a lot more practice but it’s not too bad.  How about you?  Are any of you following Leah Day’s Wednesday instructions for FMQ? 
 
Don’t Forget:
·       Snowdays at the Attic Window Quilt Shop all during January. Get a free snowman pattern and snowflakes. 

·       Heart of Winter Tour is Feb. 11.  Reserve your place now! 
 
Pin Sew Press has a tutorial for a cute stay put kitchen towel. 
Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

4 comments:

Lots of Fabric 2 said...

I am working on using some of my scrappy. I like your scrappy quilt.I have yet to try free motion quilting.Have a good week jinnie

sew.darn.quilt said...

I'm diving into my scraps to make quilts for wee ones that will go to a Women's Shelter. I love how your scrappy quilt turned out, so cute!

Carolyn

Mama Pea said...

That is so cute, Caroll! And way to go on (1) using scraps, (2) finishing--something I can't seem to do to save my life, and (3) practicing your quilting. It's fantastic! I really like quilting paislies like that. I feel like I can actually do them. Yours look fantastic!

Allie said...

CUTE quilt, Caroll! And what a marvelous way to give back.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo