Monday, January 27, 2014

APPLIQUE BEE CANCELLED

 
MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!  I just wanted to tell you that the 1 p.m. Applique Bee which is scheduled for Tuesday at the Attic Window Quilt Shop has been cancelled.  Well, you can still go if you can make it and are brave enough to drive on these icy roads.  I, however, cannot get out of my subdivision.  Three people were stuck on the hill (it’s really only a bump) in front of my house this afternoon.  The city plow has not been down our street in three days and I’m just not brave enough to try to drive my light car.  Besides, I heard on the TV that we should stay off the road unless absolutely necessary.  (One more day of this and it may be necessary because I'm going bonkers!) So sorry about this as I really wanted to see what you’ve been doing and it was our first Applique Bee of 2014!  Hope you all can make it next month. 

The above picture is what I did today.  I practiced on my free motion quilting.  I need lots and lots of practice! (My daughter took one look at it and said, "Hasn't anyone ever told you that you're not supposed to use machinery when you've been drinking!")

SNOW DAYS:  FREE Snowman Pattern during the month of January*   Specials for the month:
  • Week of Jan. 27-31 – Fabrics – Buy three yards and get one yard free of equal or lesser value!
  • *Does not include sale items.
  • Reminder – All handmade consignment baskets are $5 off during the month of January.
DON’T FORGET
  • The Heart of Winter Tour is February 8th.  Call the shop to make your reservation as space is limited and the bus is filling up fast!
  • 2014 Sampler, Saturday, February 1st at 9:30 a.m.
  • As always, call the Shop to reserve your spot.
ON ANOTHER NOTE: Kim’s Big Quilting Adventure has a darling Heart Struck Table Runner that will be perfect for February!

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

4 comments:

Denice Barker said...

Isn't this weather just the limit? When I finally can, I'm going to leave this house like I've been shot out of a cannon!

bobbi said...

Oh looks great, love that pebbling--and love your daughter´s comment Caroll! She just might be wrong though--I´ve heard it´s actually easier to freemotion if you´re drinking a little, should help you relax and let loose. :o) Be a rebel and give it a go?! Hugs! Bobbi

Nancy Page said...

Stay safe and warm!!! Hope the roads are clear soon. You machine quilting looks good!!

Have a super great sewing and stitching day!

Barb said...

Your free motion is fabulous

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo