Wednesday, April 22, 2015

MORE SHARING AND CARING

The Mod Squad met Wednesday at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Since Cathy has been doing a lot of curve piecing lately, I asked her if she would give us a demonstration.  She graciously accepted.  Above left, Rosa, watches as Cathy shows her how to cut out the freezer paper template which Cathy generously provided for us.
Then Cathy gave us lots of tips on how to carefully cut the curve part of the block. 
And she gave us some tips on her technique for sewing a curve.
Rosa and Diana show us their completed blocks.
Judi is still looking through her pile of Civil War fabrics to see if she has something for a "modern" block.
This is Cathy's finished block that she made as a sample for us.
Above is my finished block.  I would have preferred a circle something like Diana and Rosa made, however, as you may have heard, I lack in piecing skills and I couldn't get the edges to match so I just rearranged my design.  I think it will work, don't you?
Each month we've been putting our blocks on our bulletin board.  This is sure to make an interesting quilt, don't you agree?

I've had to make this short and sweet today as I had things to do.  Carter (my 6 year old great grandson) spent the evening with me.  I had no idea there were so many super hero's that I have not heard of. I wish I knew how they got some of that power!  I could sure use some of about now!

DON’T FORGET
  • Marilyn’s Coin Purse, Monday, class on Friday, April 24.
  • Mod Squad Modern Bee meets Wednesday, April 22.
  • Stitch-In on Saturday, April 25.
  • Glam Shell Bag, Friday, May 1 and another on Monday, May 11.
ON ANOTHER NOTE
  • 13 Spools has a tutorial for a Star Ship block.
 ♥  Caroll,
Caring , Sharing and Creating Smiles

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Love everyone's block! Looks like a fun lesson. Hanging them all up is a great idea. Do you leave them up longer than just the day of the meeting?

Barb said...

I really like that strip going through the Drunkard's path....

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo