Thursday, February 6, 2020

A NEW QUILT AND A NEW CLASS ADDED



I haven't been able to get to the Attic Window Quilt Shop this week, but a loyal customer sent me this picture.  When I asked Misti if this was a panel, she said, "No, not a panel."  When I asked more about this adorable quilt, this is what she said.

"I was doing some cleaning at home and found these cross stitches in a box.  I made them when I was a teenager and thought they were long gone.  I was amazed and excited when I saw them, so decided to make them into a baby quilt for my someday grandbaby.  I'm putting the binding on now and then I'll be done."

This quilt is adorable.  I didn't realize that the individual blocks were cross stitched.  Thanks Misti for sending us this lovely quilt and for inspiring us.  Look what you can do with orphan blocks!

ATTENTION:  A new class has been added to the Calendar.  On Saturday, Feb. 22, Vickie S. will be showing you how to make Bargello Placemats.  You don't want to miss this.  I looked through my pictures but couldn't find a picture of these stunning placemats.  I'll get to the shop soon and get you a picture.  In the meantime, call the shop to reserve your space and get a supply list.  

ATTENTION #2:  Have you ever fantasized of having time to sew all day, just sew.  You can do that, not for just one day but three!  Check out the February calendar on the sidebar.  Join the Sew Bluesy Weekend at the Attic Window Quilt Shop at the end of the month and you can sew on February 28 and 29,  from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. two days in a row and from 9 to 5 on Sunday.  What a wonderful way to get rid of those February blues!  Reserve your space now by calling the Attic Window Quilt Shop!


MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW
  • The annual Bus Tour is Saturday, Feb. 8.  You pay just $60 to socialize while you are driven to different shops where you get to pat fabric and eat food and buy til your heart's content.
AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP  
  • HEART OF WINTER BUS TOUR, Saturday, Feb. 8
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
Caroll, 
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

No comments:

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo