Tuesday, July 28, 2020

THESE QUILTERS HAVE BEEN BUSY


Check out this wall hanging that Marilyn Z. finished.  Remember I recently posted about her taking my freezer paper applique class at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Marilyn is new to applique, and I can't get over what a fantastic job she did for her first try.  I love the colors she has chosen too.  This picture really doesn't do those vivid purples justice.  Fantastic job, Marilyn!
Remember on my last post that I asked everyone what they had been doing during this "stay-at-home" time.  Marjorie from Utah wrote and sent these pictures of her latest project.  
This is what Marjorie wrote:
"It has been hot here in Utah also!  We have been having 104 to 112!  And we have been having lots of wildfires.  With the humidity at 6 percent and winds of 30 to 40 mph the fires spread so quickly.

I too sew in the basement where it is somewhat cooler.
The pictures are six of the twelve blocks I have been working to complete.
The pattern is called Best Friends and is by Christine Barnes of Christine's Color Connection.  She has an awesome  blog and website.
The blocks are made using Thangles and paper peicing.  The papers for the half rectangles come with the pattern.  The rectangles are so fun to make.  I couldn't stop at just nine, so I made twelve blocks.  I think I will make it into a baby quilt.

I am also struggling with my fair challenge quilt.  I think the fair will probably be cancelled since the virus just keeps spreading.  So I keep thinking, do I want to keep investing time in the project or just bag it this year!

Stay safe in Michigan and keep on sewing!
Marjorie"

Thank you Marjorie for sharing with us.  Hope you stay safe and cool.  

Caroll, 
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smile

No comments:

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo