Friday, December 13, 2013

WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN IT SNOWS?

It’s snowing and I have cabin fever!  But I haven’t just been sitting around whistling Dixie.  Yesterday, since I couldn’t get out of the house to go to Happy Scrappers, I made some sock ornaments and some little wallets.
The pattern for these Scrappy Stocking Ornaments can be found at Stumbles & Stitches.  The pattern shows them made with scraps, but I didn’t have time for that, so I just used Christmas fabric.
 I love these little wallets.  The above picture shows what they look like when open.  I have several of different colors in my purse to help me get organized.  For instance all those little punch cards that I collect when going to various Fabric Stores are kept in one of these.  No more digging around in the bottom of my purse, or wondering which purse they are in, or wondering if they are still on the dresser where I left them when trying to clear out the clutter in my purse. The pattern is by Valori Wells Designs for Stitchin’ Post Publications

ON ANOTHER NOTEHow Joyful has a wonderful tutorial for a sewing caddy and detachable pincushion. 

PS:  Linking up to Confessions of a Fabric Addict today.  Check it out.


Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

2 comments:

Terry said...

Your little stockings are so cute! :0)

Mama Pea said...

Great work! I would have just farted around and not gotten anything done. I should sit around and make little wallets like that to just have around for gift cards, etc. Love this, Caroll!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo