Monday, December 16, 2013

WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH THE HAPPY SCRAPPERS

The Happy Scrappers met this past Saturday at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Despite the snow, several of us were able to make it to the shop where we had a fun day.  I have lots to share with you.  Above Jill shows us her Pineapple Block that she made during Marilyn’s recent class.  I love the bright colors and scrappy look of this block.
I found this darling pillow at the shop.  I bet Marilyn made it for her Folded Star Class.  I understand she will be having another Folded Star Class soon and I hope to take it.  I love this star and it can be used in so many ways: pillow, hot pad, bed runner, table runner, etc. 
Look!  Diana even made a folded star coaster.  I think I showed you this before, but it was unfinished.  How cute.
Diana also made this sewing tool bag.  Above is how it looks all neatly folded and closed.
This is what it looks like when open.  This would be so handy.  Just keep all your tools and sewing supplies in it and you are ready to go at a moment’s notice.
Diana also made another Snowman Pillow.  I love how she designed the hat and put a little bell on the end.  Love her big button eyes too.
Lee Ann showed us her latest bag.  I think she said this was her smaller version of the weekender bag.  You should see all the pockets inside.  During the afternoon Lee Ann worked on another bag. I hope to show it to you soon.
Judi A. shows her stack-n-wack that she finished while we were there.  Isn’t it lovely!

 Here are a couple pictures of everyone working.  It was especially nice to be with friends after being cooped up in the house due to all the snow we are getting.  I know it could be worse and I’m not complaining. I know others elsewhere have it much worse.  I’m just saying…

DON’T FORGET:  The Whimsical Garden BOM meets this coming Tuesday at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  The class was moved up a week due to the upcoming holiday.

ON ANOTHER NOTEA Lemon Sqeezy Home has a tutorial for a lunch money cuff.  It would be a nice, quick Christmas gift.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Really love those snowman pillows!

Mama Pea said...

Oh, I missed a lot of fun! I can't wait to see you all in January!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo