Thursday, June 4, 2015

DO YOU LIKE PAPER PIECING?

I haven't been able to do much quilting lately what with gardening, graduation ceremonies, and a ceremony when my grandson got his Eagle Scout award.  However, I do want to show you this block.  I love paper piecing and found this block called Ceiling Tiles in the book Paper Pieced Modern by Amy Garro.  I particularly like it because it is made with scraps.  I think I'll be making more of these.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

DON’T FORGET:
  • Sampler and Bee, Saturday, June 6
ON ANOTHER NOTE: 
♥ Caroll,
Caring , Sharing and Creating Smiles

5 comments:

Lynn said...

That is a very interesting block! I'll have to check out that book.

Nancy Page said...

Love this paper pieced block! I will definitely have to look into this book. Thank you for sharing and for the great link!

Have a super great sewing and stitching day!

Cathi in Texas said...

No! Just learned & find it too
time consuming. Give me hand work any day!

Allie-oops Designs said...

No and no - I hate paper piecing, lol!!! But it is a pretty block.

Mama Pea said...

I haven't had time to quilt, either. I probably won't in the near future...too busy! May take some vacation days, though. :-)

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo