Sunday, May 20, 2018

IT HAPPENED AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP

Hello Quilters.  I hope you had a wonderful weekend.  I didn't get to spend much time in my sewing room this weekend.  Yard work and out of town company demanded my time (and I did watch "The Wedding" while getting ready to go to my great grandson's baseball game).  Above are some of the bags that we made when the Happy Scrappers recently met at the Attic Window Quilt ShopCathy M. filled them with personal items and will take them to Degage's Open Door Open Heart program.  We will make more of these bags when the Happy Scrappers meet again next month.  They are fun and easy and for a worthy cause.
I did put together this little table topper.  When last at the Attic Window Quilt Shop I picked up some of that new fabric I previously told you about.  I had to make something with it.  However, as I look at it now, a couple of things need to be changed, so I guess I'll get out my favorite seam ripper and get to work.  

AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP
  • Bee, Tuesday, May 22
  • Civil War BOM, Tuesday, May 22
  • Embroidery Bee, Tuesday, May 22
  • Bees In The Attic Bee Hive, Wednesday, May 23
  • Starburst BOM, Wednesday, May 23
  • Knotty Girls, Wednesday, May 23
  • Intermediate Quilting, Thursday, May 24
  • Doll Bee, Thursday, May 24
  • Stitch-In, Friday and Saturday, May 25 & 26
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
  • Positively Splendid has a tutorial for a Portable First Aid Kit.  This should come in handy when traveling this summer.
Caroll,
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

1 comment:

Annie said...

Sweet bags, Caroll. So useful and very generous of your group to make and fill them. Your table topper screams Summer! Love all those bright colors. Why is it so much easier to spot things through a photograph rather than looking straight at the project in real life? That can be so maddening sometimes.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo