Sunday, April 26, 2020

A READER FRIEND SHOWS US HER QUILTS

 Hello fellow Quilters.  I hope you are all doing well.  I'm missing my family and friends at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Despite these trying times, positive things have happened. They are the connections I've made over the years through the blog.  Marjorie, our friend who lives in Utah, sent me pictures of a couple of her latest finishes.  I wish I had seen the email in time to include these pictures with the Virtual Quilt Show.
 This is what Marjorie wrote:
"Sorry to hear about your snow in April.  We are supposed to hit 90. On Saturday. Yikes I think it is going to be a long hot summer again this year.

The pictures are of the two small quilt tops I finished.  It is from a fabric called "afternoon delight" by Alexander Henry .  I had envisioned it turning out much different.  My designing skills need improvement so I couldn't get all the fabric in one top.  The heavy gray color was difficult (a previous quilt she shared with us).  I don't know what these two will become....maybe lap quilts or baby quilts or wall quilts.

I am anxious to start my next project. I bought the Tula Pink kit "daisy chain". I love the bright colors mixed in with the B&W.  I am modifying the dimensions. The strips are supposed to be cut 2-3/8.  With my eyesight diminishing  it is hard to see the small lines.  So I am cutting 2-1/2.  Just hope it works, otherwise I will have a whole new pattern.

To everyone in Michigan  stay safe, stay sane and keep quilting because I love to see the pictures.
Happy spring.
Marjorie J."

Thank you Marjorie for thinking of us.  I love your quilts and wonder at all the work you must have put into them. They are beautiful! Enjoy all that warm weather where you are!

IMPORTANT: As you know the Attic Window Quilt Shop is closed due to the pandemic but you can still place an order. Chris said that you can do curbside pickup or she will ship to you.  Just call her at the shop or email her at BrownAttic@aol.com. 

Remember!  Support your local quilt shop!  We want to go to the Attic Window Quilt Shop when this "stay at home" thing is over!!!!  I miss everyone!

ON ANOTHER NOTE:
Caroll, 
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles



No comments:

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo