Tuesday, April 28, 2020

YOU WANT ME TO MAKE WHAT?

Hello Quilters!  Since I haven't been able to get up to the Attic Window Quilt Shop because of this stupid virus thing, I thought I'd show you what I've been up to.  Other than making masks, I made a washer topper.

A what? you ask.  That's what I thought when my DIL asked me to make one.  She said it was for the cottage.  The washer and dryer there are in the side hall which is also the entrance everyone uses.  People tend to sit things on the washer and it is becoming scratched.  Therefore, she wants a cover for it.  

OK.
"What colors do you want?" I asked.
"Oh, something to match the wall hanging that you made for the wall in that room."
I didn't remember, but looked for a picture on my computer.  Then I went to my sewing room and searched my stash.  I found fabrics that I was sure matched the fabrics in that wall hanging.  

When I asked my DIL what size she wanted this topper to be, she said, "Oh, it should be 26" x 18."

Wait! What?
What block would make a quilt that odd size?

After much pondering, I chose a fourth fabric to go with the other three and decided I could cut a rail fence block so that the quilt came out the right size; and if it didn't, I'd add a strip here and there.  
Not bad, when you look at it here on the washer. However...
 I don't think it matches any of the fabrics in the wall hanging. She assured me that she doesn't care and likes it so much that now she wants me to make one for the dryer.  I told her I didn't have any more of the same fabrics, and she said that was fine.  She will come shop in my sewing room and pick out what she wants.

At least I have plenty to keep me busy during this Stay-At-Home period.  I hope you are keeping busy and not letting this trying time get you down.  Some days I could cry, but then I count my blessings and change my attitude.  It works!

IMPORTANT: As you know the Attic Window Quilt Shop is closed due to the pandemic but you can still place an order. Chris said that you can do curbside pickup or she will ship to you.  Just call her at the shop or email her at BrownAttic@aol.com. 

Remember!  Support your local quilt shop!  We want to go to the Attic Window Quilt Shop when this "stay at home" thing is over!!!!  I miss everyone!

ON ANOTHER NOTE:
  • Em's Scrapbag has a tutorial for a scrappy quarter log cabin quilt.  A great way to use those scraps.
Caroll, 
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

3 comments:

Allie said...

Oh Caroll well done - so bright and cheery! Tell dil to bring the others with her when she comes to pick out more fabrics, and they'll be perfect! I think the two go together nicely.

Allie said...

Oh Caroll well done - so bright and cheery! Tell dil to bring the others with her when she comes to pick out more fabrics, and they'll be perfect! I think the two go together nicely.

Annie said...

Caroll, that is certainly an unusual request, but such an awesome idea! The little quilt definitely mixes well with the colors on the machine though. I don’t think the two quilts needed to match each other. And they do look fun together.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo