Wednesday, April 15, 2020

ALL IN A DAY'S WORK

I think I'm losing it.  Maybe it's because I can't get up to the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  I need socialization.  I need to get out of the house.  I need to pet some fabric and see what's new in the store.  I need help...as you can see from the picture above.

On my last post, I had a link to a Crown Of Thorns pattern.  Yesterday I decided I had to make that.  It is paper pieced and I was eager to focus on something different, new.  I made the block and hurried to my sun room to take a picture.  Yikes!  It didn't look right.  Something was wrong.  What did I do?
I took the block back to my sewing room, ripped it apart, and remade it.  Now it looks like the picture on the pattern.  It took me all day to complete one block.  Gads!
That was yesterday.  Today, I was determined not to stay in my funk and decided to do some more paper piecing.  I chose to make another block for the quilt that I had started in a paper piecing class that I took at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  I made this block and it took me all morning.  Paper Piecing sure takes a lot of thought!
These are the blocks I have completed so far (I just did the one today).  Maybe someday I'll have enough blocks to make a quilt.

I hope things are going better for you.  Stay safe.  And I'll try to get a better link for you today.

As you know, the Attic Window Quilt Shop is closed during this stressful time, however, Chris is still in the shop and taking orders.  You can call her or email her at BrownAttic@aol.com


ON ANOTHER NOTE:
  •  I love this block that I saw on Freemotion By The River.  Connie has a tutorial on her blog here.  I think it will be a fun way to use some  of my scraps.  
Caroll, 
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

1 comment:

Annie said...

Hahaha...your stress came through your block making. I hate when that happens. I do hope by now you find it funny...but it might be too soon, eh? But your block the next day went well. Yes, paper piecing can be time consuming. I love paper piecing, but only for small things like a postcard or just small blocks for a wall hanging. I don’t care to do it for larger quilt blocks. I’m sorry you’re feeling stressed with staying at home. Personally I couldn’t be happier. I love this...just not the reason for it.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo