Sunday, April 5, 2020

READERS SHARE THEIR WORKS IN PROGRESS

Hello Quilters!  As you know, the Attic Window Quilt Shop is closed due to the Stay At Home Order.  However some fellow quilters have sent me pictures of what they've been doing.  Above is the quilt that Misti is working on.  This is what she says:  "This is what I'm working on this evening.  It's going to have a light gray sashing.  It is for my sister's 50th birthday!"  

What a wonderful gift!  Thanks, Misti, for sending the picture.
 The above and below pictures were sent by Marjorie in Utah.  She said: "The tan quilt is my last finish.  It isn't my best, but it's done!  I think I will put minky on the back and use it for a couch quilt."
  
"This fabric is Jennifer Jangles Bugapalooza fabric from years ago.  It has been in my "I just can't cut into it" inventory.  It has only 11 repeats so I have to be careful about what pattern I choose.  Also, the repeats are only 11 inches, so I really need more fabric to have enough blocks for a quilt.  I had thought about BQ but I usually end up with a queen quilt and that is too large for me to handle.  I have also thought of just making a whole cloth quilt by cutting it in half and then sewing the two pieces together, matching as best I can. Do you have any ideas?" 

Do you have any ideas that might help Marjorie?  I'm at a loss and understand her reluctance to cut into the beautiful fabric.  I have the same problem.  Please leave Marjorie a comment if you have a suggestion for her.

Chris said that she is in and out at the shop so if you need something you can give her a call at the shop or send her an email at BrownAttic@aol.com.
  
Thank goodness for Chris, because we quilters always need some special something.  It looks like it's going to be a long month! 

ON ANOTHER NOTE:
  • Have you ever wondered how long this virus can stay on fabric?  I have.  Check out what Web MD has to say about it.
  • In Color Order has a tutorial and template for a paper pieced New York Beauty block.
Caroll, 
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

1 comment:

Barb said...

How nice of them to do that...loved them and the fact that you took the time to show us.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo