Monday, September 5, 2011

FIRST SATURDAY BEE SHOW-N-TELL

First Saturday Bee met at the Attic Window Quilt Shop this weekend and had some show-n-tell for you.  Cathy M. made this gorgeous Layer Cake quilt.  I love this quilt.  Those colors are my favorite!  Cathy hand quilted it too!
Judy made this lovely blue and white quilt.  She hand quilted it.  What a great job she did!
Mary made this lovely I-spy quilt.  Isn’t it darling!  Can you find the lion?
Julie made this cute quilt.  She heavily stippled inside each block.  The quilt lays flat and is lovely.
Shirley made this tessellation quilt.  It is another quilt she is taking with her when she goes on the dental mission to Haiti.
Jennifer made this baby quilt and the bag to go with it.  Some new mom will be very happy! 

Mark your calendar now.  First Saturday Bee and First Saturday Sampler will NOT meet Oct. 1 next month, but will meet the following Saturday, Oct. 8th.

Charm Square Club has started and it’s not too late to participate.  It meets the first Thursday of the month from 6-8, or the first Friday from 1-3.  All this for only $2 each month.

Did you know that Peas In A Pod is having a Little Forest Quilt Along.  I don’t think it’s too late to participate.  You can check it out here.  Looks like a fun quilt.

ThePainted Quilt has a freebie for you. 
Stay calm! Stay kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

5 comments:

Mary said...

All these quilts are wonderful. Like the I spy. That is such a great quilt for children. Thank you for sharing.

Lynn said...

What pretty quilts! And I found two lions.

Linda said...

I LOVE show and tell!! Such pretty quilts!

Anonymous said...

I had to look really closely at the I Spy one.. I thought I had used some of the same prints in the ones I made for my kidlets. I didn't, but isn't it funny how all I spy quilts take on a similar quality. I really had to do a double take, lol. I just love I spy quilts!

Daisy, from Lazy Daisy Quilts Podcast
www.verylazydaisy.blogspot.com
verylazydaisy.podomatic.com

Mama Pea said...

You are right that it's not too late to get in on the quilt along! Thanks for the shout out! Great show and tell. I sure love i-spy quilts. What is it about them?

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo