Saturday, September 17, 2011

WHAT'S THIS?

 What’s this?  
This is a Cling On wearable, magnetic holder.  I’m such a sucker for gadgets.  I saw it when I attended the Marshall Quilt Show and had to have it.

No matter how many pair of little scissors I have, I tend to carry them when I leave my sewing machine to go to the cutting table or ironing board (I purposely have them steps away because it makes me get up a walk!).  I have a pair of scissors at each station but I seem to absentmindedly pick them up as I leave the machine and lay them down someplace, and when I get back to sewing my scissors are not there.  I thought this would solve the problem.  You just put one disk inside your clothing, the other on the outside and they magnetically attach.  Now you can keep your scissors with you at all times, or use it for pins or other small tools.  Of course you do not want to use this near electronic equipment, cell phones, computers, credit cards, etc.  I don’t have any of that in my sewing room.  And the man who was wearing it and selling it was standing right next to his sewing machine so I figure I’m safe.  It won’t be ON my machine which has only a very small computer in it.

Little Birdie Secrets has an interesting tutorial for quilting gloves.  You have to check this one out!

Stephanie over at Peas In a Pod had an interesting post on color.  I love these colors, don’t you?
Stay calm! Stay kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

2 comments:

Allie said...

With my luck, I'd fall and pierce an artery....my sewing room is so small, I'm never far from my scissors, lol. I too have several pair scattered!

Mama Pea said...

Love your gadget. I am a sucker for them, too! LOL. Thanks for the shout out!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo