Tuesday, September 20, 2011

TRY THIS NEW BLOCK AND MAKE A TABLE TOPPER

The other day when blog hopping I came across a video by Missouri Quilt Company with a pattern by 3 Dudes.  I don’t normally have time to watch a video, but for some reason this caught my eye, and I’m so glad I watched it.  I love how the above block turned out.
I don’t feel right about showing you a step-by-step on how to make this block.  You’ll have to go watch the video for that.  In the video she shows you how to make the block using a Jelly Roll, however, I didn’t have one, so I just cut my own strips using these fabrics.
You can put the blocks together like in the first picture or like this.
Or you can put them together like this.
This is one way you can put lots of the blocks together.
This is the table topper that I made with these blocks.  I loved making this block and hope you’ll give it a try too. Click here to watch the video.
 
The Harvest Shop Hop begins this week. Fourteen shops are participating. You won’t want to miss this big two-weekend event!  The Hop is Thursday, Sept. 22 through Sat., Sept. 24 and Thursday, Sept. 29 through Sat., Oct. 1.  A bus is available.  This is the tenth year for the shop hop and the shops are going all out to make it a special event.  The passport is only $10 and you will receive free patterns and a pin. Call the Attic Window Quilt Shop to register.
Stay calm! Stay kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

10 comments:

Jeanne said...

Thanks for sharing the link to the scrappy block. Can never have enough ways to use strips. Your table topper turned out so cute!

Nancy Page said...

What a bright and cheery table topper!! Love it!! Thank you for the link to the video. Missouri Star Quilt Co. is a great place to visit.

Thank you for sharing and have a super great sewing and stitching day.

Lynn said...

Wow! That is cool! I've got two jelly rolls in my stash and no projects in mind for them. I'm soooo doing this with at least one of them. Thanks so much for sharing!

Allie said...

Caroll I love that block! I'll have to go see, thank you! I like the way you put them together best.

Barb said...

I wish I didn't have so much going on, I would love to make this topper..yours looks great!

Lisa said...

Caroll, you are also so willing to try out new things, and with such fun colors. The blocks look great!

paulette said...

Thanks for sharing...now I am off to watch the video because I love your little toppers!! Very cute!
Paulette

Mama Pea said...

I really love this technique and the outcome. I was thinking of coordinating a charity quilt and/or block drive for something at WMU this year. I think I'll use this as the block! Thanks, Caroll! Your little topper is sooooo cute! I wish I could think like that....NOT everything needs to be a giant quilt!

Pattilou said...

I love your quilt too! My kind of colors!

Linda said...

Table topper is awesome!! Looks a lot like a Schnibbles pattern. I'll have to check out that video!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo