Wednesday, August 28, 2019

A LITTLE PRACTICE GOES A LONG WAY

You probably wonder, what the heck is this.  Well, I've been practicing my free motion quilting.  After spending an entire day cleaning my sewing room and finding duplicates of notions and books and umpteen unfinished projects, I decided to spend time improving my skills instead of thinking about what new project I can start.  As you can see, I need lots of practice, especially on those pebbles.  You can get lots of fabric to make a practice sandwich at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  And if you are interested, I'm sure Diana will have another FMQ class.  
Many months ago I did buy the Westalee ruler templates for ruler work on my domestic machine.  I tried it once then gave up.  After cleaning my sewing room and seeing what a waste it is to let those rulers go unused, I decided to also practice using them.  Still not sure about when to use them, and discovered that some of them needed new tape to keep them from moving on the fabric as I sewed.  However, I'm determined to improve my skills.  What I have found is that FMQ and this ruler work takes lots of practice.  So make that sandwich and promise yourself to practice an hour a day.  It will do wonders for your quilting.

Mark your Calendar Now!  The Country Fair Road Tour 2019 is set for September 19, 20 and 21 (Thursday, Friday and Saturday). Take a ride on the Country Fair Barn Quilt Tour.  Participating shops are: New Ewe in Newaygo; Quilted Memories, Montague; Seven Sisters, Carson City; and Attic Window Quilt Shop, Comstock Park.

AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP 
  • Knotty Girls, Wednesday, Aug. 28
  • Doll Bee, Thursday, Aug. 29
  • Intermediate Quilting, Thursday, Aug. 29
  • Stitch-In, Friday and Saturday, Aug. 30-31
  • CLOSED, Monday, Sept. 2
  • Charity Quilts, Monday, Sept. 9
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
Caroll, 
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

No comments:

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo