Tuesday, August 20, 2019

WHY YOU DON'T TOSS YOUR SCRAPS

 I know this doesn't look like much but this is what I've been working on.  These fabrics are certainly not my usual cup of tea.  However, when I took the Scrappy class from Adrienne a few weeks ago at the Attic Window Quilt Shop, I fell in love with her scrappy blanket.  You can read about it here.  Adrienne is so kind and thoughtful and knowing scraps such as these were not in my color pallet,  gave me a bag of her "low volume" scraps.  Eagerly I took them but wondered if I would be able to make anything with these "no color" pieces. Now I'm LOL because I did!  I'm so happy with what I've done and am eagerly planning other projects using this method and these low volume scraps.
This is a closeup of my scrappy low volume quilt!
I hope you will come to the Happy Scrappers the second Wednesday of each month and join us in making scrappy quilts.

Speaking of classes, I have another good reason that you should come to the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Other than classes, beautiful fabrics, great patterns, and notions, you also get to spend time with friends.  I read recently in a Web MD magazine while at the doctor's office, that to avoid getting Alzheimers, you need to exercise, eat right, and socialize.  There is no better place to socialize than the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  It is a fun place to spend the day and you meet such nice people.  I've always said that Quilters are the best!

Check out the calendar on the sidebar and see all the upcoming classes and bees.  It is updated each month.  One new Bee that you might be interested in is the paper piecing bee (PPB).  It meets on the fourth Wednesday of the month.  With the start of fall, I believe there will be other new classes and bees for you to attend.  Be sure and check it out.  You can also pick up a calendar of the month's events when you stop in at the shop.  

AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP 
  • Wednesday, August 21
    • New Sampler
    • Civil War BOM and Vintage Christmas
  • Thursday, August 22
    • Doll Bee
    • Intermediate Quilting
  • Friday, August 23
    • Stitch-In
  • Saturday, August 24
    • Classroom reserved for a special group of Girl Scouts.
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
Caroll, 
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

1 comment:

Annie said...

Caroll, I love your scrappy quilt top! I struggled just to use scraps to make the front and top of my sewing machine cover and then had to finish with a whole piece. I love how it looked, but I just didn’t have the patience to keep going. So I tip my hat to you to piece together a whole scrap quilt! LOL. It looks awesome.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo