Thursday, September 12, 2019

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

 
Pardon if I seem like I'm bragging, but I don't want you to think I'm just sitting around doing nothing and wanted to show you a few of my recent finishes.  Above is another block from Garden Sampler BOM book.  I think this is block 9 and I'm debating whether or not to make all 12.  

I finally finished this quilt that I started and blogged about months ago.  It is being donated to charity.

 You might remember that Adrienne gave me these low volume pieces of fabric to make this scrap quilt.  It is finished, and as much as I love these soft colors and the soft, warm flannel backing, I'm giving it to charity.
I also made another table runner for my DIL.  After I had all the pieces cut and the center sewn, she informed me that it needed to be 2" wider.  So it was back to the drawing board.  I decided to add another strip on each side of the diamonds and that worked!
After all that, I needed a reward and thought a little playing might be in order.  I love this piece and am not sure if it will be a wall hanging or table topper or mug rug.  I just had a lot of fun making it.  I saw the pattern in the book Modern Art Quilts.

The Country Fair Road Tour 2019 is set for September 19, 20 and 21 (Thursday, Friday and Saturday). Take a ride on the Country Fair Barn Quilt Tour.  Participating shops are: New Ewe in Newaygo; Quilted Memories, Montague; Seven Sisters, Carson City; and Attic Window Quilt Shop, Comstock Park.

New This month at the shop:
  • Chris is bringing back Friday Night UFO and the Sunday Stitch-In.  Watch for Pizza UFO night on Sept. 13th.
  • Marilyn has a new Clutch Purse Class coming up at the end of the month.
  • The New Paper Piecing Bee will meet the last Wednesday of the month.  If you have any finished projects or (like me) a paper pieced block, we ask that you bring it/them to show us.  Also bring patterns or books you would like to recommend or what you like to share with us for inspiration. 
THIS WEEK AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP 
  • Beginning Machine AppliqueUFO Pizza Night; Friday, Sept. 13
  • Stitch-In; Saturday, Sept. 14
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
Caroll, 
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

1 comment:

Annie said...

Great works Caroll! That Garden Sampler block is terrific! A watermelon, right? You chose perfect fabrics for that block. I love that scrappy charity quilt you finished. One lucky being will soon be the new proud owner of that quilt. The low volume pastel scrappy is a beauty also. Again, another lucky new owner will be wrapping up in that one. So generous of you. Your DIL must be over the moon with her new table runner. Love the fabrics and your design fix for the required sizing. And, now isn’t that modern piece a gem! I love modern and everything that goes with it. You must smile every time you look at that one. It makes me smile!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo