Thursday, September 26, 2019

NEW PROJECTS AND MORE GOOFS

Another goof...by me.  I totally forgot to post this picture of the paper pieced lion that Cathy did.  It was part of her show-n-tell when the Paper Piecing Bee met recently at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. It is really awesome.
Misti sent me a picture of her latest quilt.  I love the soft colors.  She said that she made this as a wedding gift for her daughter who is getting married next week.  What a lovely gift.  Thanks for sharing, Misti.  Enjoy the wedding.
When recently at the Attic Window Quilt Shop I saw this bag on display.  Marilyn made it and you are going to love it.

It has lots of pockets and is so cute!
Another goof. Remember this picture?  When I walked into the Attic Window Quilt Shop the other day, I was greeted with, "There she is, the city girl."  Yes, so?  Everyone started laughing.  You will have to understand that the shop is near a rural area and lots of women and men who come into the shop are familiar with "farm" things.  I guess they could tell I was a city gal because I didn't know the difference between a bail of hay and a bail of straw.  When I posted the picture with the story about the Country Fair  Barn Quilt Road Tour, I said it was a bail of hay.  Wrong!  It was a bail of straw.  When I asked how one would tell the difference, I was told that hay is green and straw is yellow.  Well, you learn something new every day!

Another goof:  I posted the times wrong for the Sunday Stitch-In.  Sunday, September 29th, the Stitch-In is from 12 noon to 5 p.m.  I think I need to work more on that Brain thing that I talked about in yesterday's post.  

 MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW:
  • CRAFT DAYS: Saturday, Nov. 23; Saturday, Nov. 30; Friday, Dec. 6; Saturday, Dec. 7.
  • Watch for Make It Take It classes coming in October and November. 
  • February Bus Trip is scheduled for Feb. 8.  Four shops are participating. 
  • January 1, BIG SALE DAY
AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP 
  • Friday, Sept. 27
    • Bargello Class  **** You won't want to miss this!!
  • Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 28 and 29
    • Stitch-In, Saturday, 10 - 4
    • Stitch-In, Sunday, 12 - 5
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
Caroll, 
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

No comments:

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo