Sunday, September 22, 2019

LOOK WHAT I FOUND

I was going through things to get ready for the first meeting of the Paper Piecing Bee, which is Wednesday at the Attic Window Quilt Shop and came across these New York Beauty blocks.  They are old.  These were done by hand when I first started quilting.  I had no idea how to paper piece on a sewing machine.  Besides, I could hand stitch them as I sat with my mother.
I didn't even use paper.  I don't know what this is.  I purchased a roll of it at a sewing expo back when I still made my clothes.  Can't even remember why.  I think you are supposed to make patterns with it.  Anyway, it works and I don't have to tear away paper.
Here are the five blocks I had made.  Not sure why I used those fabrics either.  They seem a little busy for my taste today.  Maybe I'll make some more when I attend the Bee at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  I have some other ideas to share with everyone, and I hope you will bring your ideas and sew-n-tell too.  We start at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 25.  Hope to see you there.

MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW:
  • CRAFT DAYS: Saturday, Nov. 23; Saturday, Nov. 30; Friday, Dec. 6; Saturday, Dec. 7.
  • Watch for Make It Take It classes coming in October and November. 
  • February Bus Trip is scheduled for Feb. 8.  Four shops are participating. 
  • January 1, BIG SALE DAY
AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP 
  • Tuesday, Sept. 24
    • Bee
    • Civil War BOM
  • Wednesday, Sept. 25
    • Clutch Purse Class
    • Paper Piecing Bee
  • Thursday, Sept. 26
    • Doll Bee
    • Intermediate Quilting
    • Beginning Quilting
  • Friday, Sept. 27
    • Bargello Class
  • Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 28 and 29
    • Stitch-In
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
  • Wombat Quilts has lots of free paper piecing patterns.  Check them out and bring them to the Bee.
Caroll, 
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

1 comment:

Annie said...

Caroll, I think your New York Beauty blocks are fabulous! I love all that color. So bright and happy. Very modern looking for being done way back when.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo