Sunday, September 29, 2019

WHAT A FUN WEEKEND!

Hello Quilters!  How was your weekend?  I hope as great as mine.  I had a wonderful weekend teaching my granddaughter how to use my quilting machine.  Above, Toni does FMQ on the quilt that she had made for one of her daughters.
All finished, she and her two daughters (my great granddaughters) show off the quilt.  Toni said she had a black and white stripe for the binding.  I'm so proud of her.  This is a beautiful quilt and she took to that quilting machine like an old pro.  It took me months to be brave enough to quilt my first quilt. 
I didn't get to the Attic Window Quilt Shop for the Sunday Stitch-In because after looking around and noticing how messy my sewing room is, I decided I needed to stay home and get organized.  However, I got sidetracked and made this scrap leaf.  I saw something like it on Pinterest and decided to give it a try.  I love using my scraps.  Now to decide how to sew it to the background fabric! And then what to do with it.  Make more and make a table runner?  Make a pillow?  We'll see how the stitching turns out.  

 MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW:
  • CRAFT DAYS: Saturday, Nov. 23; Saturday, Nov. 30; Friday, Dec. 6; Saturday, Dec. 7.
  • Watch for Make It Take It classes coming in October and November. 
  • February Bus Trip is scheduled for Feb. 8.  Four shops are participating. 
  • January 1, BIG SALE DAY
AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP 
  • Stitch-In, Monday, September 30
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
  • Sew She Can has a tutorial for Log Cabin Hexi Potholders.  
Caroll, 
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

4 comments:

Annie said...

Caroll, it’s so wonderful that your granddaughter sews and so well. Her quilt is gorgeous! Yay for her to quilt it herself. Those look life very happy great granddaughters too. All their happiness makes me smile.

Your leaf is awesome! I made some similar to that for a fall table mat and also made postcards. I fused the pieces to the background then stitched a narrow zigzag to connect the parts. I really love many similar color fabrics making up the single leaf. I look forward to seeing your finish.

barb hurst said...

Caroll your fall leaf is lovely. I'd like to try making a leaf like that. Can you tell me how you went about making it? I so enjoy applique and am curious about your pattern and how you made it. take care, Barb

barb hurst said...

Caroll your fall leaf is lovely. I'd like to try making a leaf like that. Can you tell me how you went about making it? I so enjoy applique and am curious about your pattern and how you made it. take care, Barb

Allie said...

Wow you are passing the torch in a big way, girl - that quilt is awesome!!! Well done Toni!! How blessed you are with such a beautiful family!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo