Tuesday, September 24, 2013

FEELING SAD? MAKE A STAR!

What do you do when you feel sad and lonely?  That’s how I felt after my company left.  The only way I knew to alleviate those uncomfortable feelings was to head to my sewing room where I played all day!  What fun.  I knew playing with fabric would make me feel better.  I had seen the pattern for this star and decided to give it a try.  I love how it turned out.
Recently, when blog hopping, I discovered the Carmen Rose Prose blog and the pattern/tutorial for how to make this star. It is foundation pieced and above you can see the first steps.

Here is another look at the finished project.   The tutorial is in two parts.  You can find the first part here and the second part here.  I loved the freedom of creating this star.  Not only is it a great way to use up some of my scraps, but I was able to get involved in the creation process, which made me forget all about missing my loved ones.  Why don’t you give it a try?

ON ANOTHER NOTE: If you’d like something more traditional, check out Snips Snippets blog where you’ll find a wonderful tutorial for a Star Dresden.  It’s quite long, but thorough and the end product is darling.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Love your star and the Dresden star! It makes me think that a scrappy star quilt might be in my future.

Unknown said...

Hello!
I am very sad, kkkkk, I must sew a star!
I love yours and thanks for given us the tutorial.
Kisses.

Createology said...

Wow! This is quite a bright shining star smile! Blissful Stitching...

Mama Pea said...

This is very neat!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo