Sunday, September 15, 2013

HAPPY SCRAPPERS HAVE MORE SHOW-N-TELL

The Happy Scrappers met Saturday at the Attic Window Quilt Shop and again, I have lots of show-n-tell for you, and I’ll probably divide it into two posts.  First I want to show you this lovely batik block that is in Adrienne’s quilt. 
This is a picture of the full quilt.  Isn’t it fantastic! 
She said she is going to use this fabric for the backing!  Wonderful!
Diana had a darling quilt to show us.  She said she made this pillow quilt for a little boy in the Netherlands. Notice the pillow blocks at the top.
This is the back of the quilt.  I bet that little boy will go nuts when he sees this.
Above Diana shows us how the quilt folds into the attached pillow.  I love how when you turn the pillow over to put the quilt inside, you get this cute little truck!  Diana said the little boy is crazy about trucks.  This will be so handy for those sleep-overs or camping.
Peggy made this stunning quilt with all Kaffe Fassett fabrics.   Those colors and those fabrics makes me want to make one just like it.
Take a look at these tiny hexagon pieces.  Judy F. is putting these hexagons together and then has a larger focus piece for the center.  I’m amazed at the excellent work on these small pieces.  I'm not sure what she is going to do with these.
Peggy made this adorable quilt and is donating it to the West Michigan Quilt Guild’s who then gives them to the neonatal unit at Spectrum Butterworth Hospital.  Did you know that these quilts serve a medical purpose?  They are placed over the incubators to provide darkness and quiet as babies grow and heal more quickly in an environment that imitates being yet unborn.  If you would like to donate a quilt, just remember that the dimensions for the quilts are no smaller than 30 X 30 inches and no larger than 40 X 40 inches.  They do not need to be square. 
Janalee worked on her paper pieced focus squares.  I love the colors she is using.  She is doing her squares a little different from what some of us did, but that’s okay.  It looks wonderful as is and will make a brilliant quilt.
Here is Rosa still working on the quilt she is making for her husband.  These blocks are quite large.  I’m looking forward to seeing them all put together as her fabrics are tremendous. 
Paula worked on this eye-catching pinwheel quilt.
I wanted to show you the progress Adrienne is making on her low value quilt that I previously showed you.  It’s coming right along!
And this is what I worked on Saturday.  A pink string quilt.  I think I told you some time ago that Adrienne was making a pink string quilt.  I liked hers so much that I decided to make one too.  I still have many blocks to go.  A special thank you to Adrienne because she had some pink strings left over and shared them with me.  What a special friend!

That’s all for today folks.  More to come tomorrow.

DON’T FORGET:  The next Stitch-In at the Attic Window Quilt Shop will be held September 20th and 21st.

ON ANOTHER NOTE:  Speaking of the Happy Scrappers and pinwheels, I found this scrappy pinwheel tutorial at Berlin Quilter and think it would be a fun way to use up those scraps. 

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

2 comments:

Allie said...

wow - now I really want to make a string quilt too!!!! Love it!

bobbi said...

Love your string quilt too Caroll!
I´m still saving strings (only because I´m too busy to sort/sew them yet!) and looking Forward to emptying those 3 boxes next year...
And thank you for all the wonderful fotos!
I´ve just decided it´s past time I collect some Kaffe Fassett fabrics like Peggy´s to make a quilt like that JUST for ME--beautiful!
Happy Quilting everyone and hugs!
Bobbi

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo