Monday, September 9, 2013

SHOW N TELL AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP

The Attic Window Quilt Shop held its first Sampler meeting of the month this past Saturday.  I wish I could show you a picture of the blocks we will be working on during September, but the large block was not finished and I forgot to take a picture of the smaller blocks.  I’ll try to get a picture of all three blocks when I’m at the shop on Wednesday.

We did have some wonderful projects to show you.  Above, Judy R. shows her latest completion.  She said the center is a panel.  I didn't get a close up, so I don't know if she added the heart around the center.  But i do know that she hand quilted this darling quilt.
Melanie quilted this attractive quilt for her daughter-in-law.  I love the modern feel to it.
 Glenna showed us some purses that she made.  She said these are her own design.  Don’t you just love those circles?  The fabric she used for them really stands out against the dark background.
 Judy D. made this quilt for the quilt show.  I love how she fussy cut each center.  I’m sorry I didn’t get a close up to show you the detail.
Judy D. also made this adorable quilt.  I’m so drawn to these colors.  Check out all those perfect points!  I’m envious!  Judy said this quilt and the one above will be entered into the Tall Pine Quilters Fall quilt show which is Friday, October 18th from 10-7 and Saturday, October 19th, from 9-2 at the All Saints Church Hall in Fremont, MI.  I’m marking that date on my calendar!
 
DON’T FORGET

  • The next Stitch-In at the Attic Window Quilt Shop will be held September 20th and 21st.
  • Happy Scrappers meets Wednesday, September 11, and Saturday, September 14.

ON ANOTHER NOTE: Gen X Quilters has a tutorial for an Old Maid’s Puzzle.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

3 comments:

Barb said...

I always love your show and tell....thanks so much for starting my week off with such inspiration.

Lynn said...

I clicked over to check out the Old Maid's Puzzle tutorial and got sidetracked reading her Scant Rant series. I knew most of the information she gave, but had never taken the time to test every combination, as she did. It was interesting to see how much of a difference various sewing and pressing combinations can make.

Nancy Page said...

Super great show and tell!! Beautiful quilts and bags, ladies! Thank you so much for sharing, for the inspiration, and for another great link!

Have a super great sewing and stitching day!!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo