Thursday, September 26, 2013

NEW STITCHERIES, RULER, PICTURE

Above is a beautiful new Stitchery that Barb David made as a sample for the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  This pattern is called Gingerbread Square by Crabapple Hill.  Kits are available at the shop.
This is another sample that Barb made.  The pattern for this darling wall hanging is called Smiley Tree and is by Jana Davidson.  It is so cute!

 
After our Whimsical Gardens Group met recently, Barb G. showed us a couple table toppers that she made using the Creative Grids Straight Out of Line ruler.  I didn’t realize it until I got home, that I didn’t get a picture of the entire runner.  The ends are turned over so the backing shows and little buttons hold them down.  What a clever idea.
 This is another table runner that Barb G. made.  Barb’s blog is Garden Path Quilts.  
You can get this ruler at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.

Judi A. took this picture for me earlier this month when Diane Moore stopped in at the shop looking for fabric to border this darling quilt.  I’m sorry but I don’t have any information on the pattern.  Thanks Judi for your help!

ON ANOTHER NOTEA Few Scraps has a tutorial for a poly pockets see through zipper pouch.  I like this idea because you can so easily see what is inside.  This is a great gift for children and adults alike!  (Can you tell I’m starting to think about gift giving time?  Vickie told me this evening that Christmas is just three months away!  Yikes!  I have to get busy NOW!)

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

6 comments:

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

WOW great stitchery.. Thanks for sharing.. It is always great to see what is going on at the shop.. I miss seeing you all. Hugs Judy

Lynn said...

I bought that Gingerbread Square pattern recently. I'm thinking about putting away my Halloween stitchery for a while and starting on this one soon.

Nancy Page said...

Another great show and tell! You ladies are awesome!! Great work, very well done!! Love it all! Love the embroidery work. I have been doing a lot of that lately. Thank you for sharing and for the great links.

Have a super great sewing and stitching day!

Garden Path Quilts said...

Caroll, thanks for the photos and comments about my table runner and topper! I love playing around with the Creative Grids rulers. I'm working with a couple other rulers now too!

Garden Path Quilts said...

Thank you for the photos and comments about my table runner and topper! I love playing around with the Creative Grids rulers. I have a couple more patterns going right now using some other rulers.

Mama Pea said...

I like those gingerbread blocks, but I won't let myself make it because I still need to do my ABC quilt....

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo