This is a close up of the blocks. Shirley provided the fabrics and told us which pattern to use. However, to make her quilt she will need a few more blocks so she is going to be a busy little bee.
Next month Peggy will be Queen of the hive. She shows us which block she wants us to make.
This is a closeup of the block. The pattern is Emblem and on page 22 of the Fat Quarter book. Peggy distributed kits with the fabrics she wanted us to use and asks that any pieces of fabric that you do not use, including the small triangles you will be cutting off, to be returned to her. She has a special use for them. For those Hive members who could not attend today please pick up your kits at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.
You may remember that last month we gave Queen Pat these heart blocks. Above Pat shows us one of the two small quilts that she made with them. So cute!
REMEMBER: The hive does NOT meet during the month of December but will meet two times in January. We will meet Wednesday, Jan. 3 and again on Wednesday, Jan. 24.
AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP
- Doll Bee, Thursday, Nov. 30
- Christmas Craft Day, Friday, Dec. 1
- Make It Take It tree Ornament, Wednesday, Dec. 6
- Make It Take It Easy Table Topper, Friday, Dec. 8
- Make It Take It Ornament Placemat, Monday, Dec. 11
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
- Patchwork by Rhonda has a tutorial and template for a wings shortcut block.
Caroll,Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles